Since our beginning in 2009, we have always been excited by and committed to the revitalization of Reno’s Entrepreneurial and Small Business Communities. With Midtown emerging as one of the more energetic epicenters of this revitalization, we had the opportunity to be part of this growth, so we loaded up the trucks and made the move!
It is exciting to feel the vibe of Midtown, and it reminds us that these dynamic changes require all of us, who serve the startup community, to step out of our comfort zone to meet the challenging demands. The young, vibrant and innovative nature of Midtown will help us attract and retain the creative talent that is helping to transform Reno into an extraordinary place to live and grow. This is exciting!
Our new and official address is 800 Haskell Street, Reno, NV 89509, one block west of Virginia along West Taylor Street, all within walking distance to downtown and the river. The Midtown business owners have been wonderful and supportive. In fact, the move has been made possible by a large group of supporters. We want to take this opportunity to acknowledge and THANK them for their support.
- ABC Fire – The building now meets standards after they replaced hundreds of batteries and climbed to the ceiling thousands of time.
- All American Lock & Safe, Inc., Shaun Cheatum for changing two hundred locks and created the keys that give us hope about staying secure.
- Bailey Hein and Ellen Nesbit for painting and helping us design the floor layout.
- Charter Communications. Internet was the first real accomplishment. Thank you George Joslin. Then came an unexpected gift. Through Ed Morehouse, from Charter, made it possible for us to offer Gigabit Ethernet fiber to our tenants. Plus, Ed even delivered food to feed to starving workers – all 15 of us one day!
- Debbie Kelsey, who tireless stemmed the tide of old dirt, where she helped make the new location bearable.
- Dedra Hill for searching out materials, picking up supplies, and doing whatever was needed.
- Fletcher Roofing, who made sure the roof would not leak.
- Hamden Kuhns – for installing his patented energy management system and helping us save energy cost and turning our building green.
- Iran Hansen & Sons Plumbing – special thanks to Joe “the plumber” Alexander. From 24 leaks and 500 feet of missing pipe, we now have consistent water pressure and everything works. A lesser man in our opinions would have given up.
- Is It On, LLC, Eduardo Gutierrez, owner – IT services. Ed reconfigured our IT room with stronger reception and fewer problems – again in record time.
- Larry Haskell, who was there when we needed him and whenever he was needed.
- Lauren Gnas for helping us find a new logo and designing our first floor.
- Margit Lynch, who took on the hard jobs and did them with style and now the new facility shines.
- Mark Pingle, UNR & the Entrepreneurs Club They went above and beyond the call of duty. They came they helped and they made the move possible with strong backs and brilliant minds.
- Mike Wilshire for helping us clean and getting the first layer of dirt off the floor.
- Providence Electric – Allan Sisia, owner. We had no lights on the second floor and half the outlets didn’t work. In three days, we were fully operational.
- Randy Walton – for installing his patented green energy saving overhead light bulbs
- Southland Mechanical Services, who gave us heat. They restored that which others declared hopeless.
- The Phone Man Ltd. All the lines were cut, all the cables slashed. Shaun and Wild bill Cody were diligent and brought us back up in record time
- U-haul Rentals, on corner of 1790 Silverada Blvds, Reno, NV 89512 – Craig Vallarino, Manager. Over a 3-day period, we hauled 7 – 26 foot trucks full of “stuff” from our old location downtown to our new facility in midtown.
- And Special thanks goes to“Gary” and “Ed” who have loaded furniture, drove trucks, unassembled and re-assembled, painted, mopped, cleaned, repaired, built and destroyed – essentially they did everything we have asked them to do and did it expertly.
While there is more to do, we could not have made it this far without their help and support. In honor of their support, please join us in our Open House on:
Wednesday, November 19th from 4:00-7:00pm
Welcome to the CUBE in Midtown!
- We invite you to see the “new digs”, learn more about the CUBE, and meet some of the 13 startup companies, who currently call The CUBE their business home.
- Refreshments will be served by some local small businesses.
- Please RSVP by November 17, 2014 to email@example.com